3. Considering Online Education
3.2. Technical Requirements
- We use GoToMeeting for our live meeting software. You can access the live meetings through your computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- System requirements check System Requirements for Attendees - GoToMeeting Support
- TO TEST YOUR SYSTEM for our live meeting software https://support.logmeininc.com/gotowebinar/system-check-attendee.
- We use Moodle for our online classroom. While any student can use Moodle, it is recommended that you have:
- Basic computer skills
- Experience navigating the Internet and using Internet browsers
- Basic knowledge of formatting using a word processor
- Comfort working with multiple windows
- An up-to-date browser. Google Chrome or Firefox work best.
Adjusting Your Pop-up Blocker Settings
We appreciate pop-up blockers 99% of the time for sparing us from unwanted advertisements. You need to enable pop-ups in Moodle, however, because pop-up technology is used in Moodle to display and process some kinds of content. Learn how to enable Moodle pop-ups in Firefox and Internet Explorer. In most cases, this is a one-time adjustment. The address you need to add to your list of "whitelisted" sites is "keplerclasses.org"
o Mobile Apps. You can use a web browser or a mobile app to access your course site. If you are interested in the app, you can download it for both Android and iOS systems.