Not all courses are offered every term.
Enroll in a currently offered course
4. Counseling and Relationships
4.1. WR201 Counseling Issues in Astrology
Instructor: Karen McCauley and Inga Thornell
Required for the Professional Diploma
Throughout this course students will work on communication issues with clients, including organizing a session, delivering content, dealing with ethical issues, and developing referral strategies. They will also develop skills known to contribute to effective counseling.
Topics covered include:
- Starting and maintaining a counseling practice
- Communication skills promoting success in client contacts
- Awareness of body language, personal values, and needs
- Psychological disorders and counseling issues
- Boundary issues
- Issues of Vocation and Role Play Exercise
- Limits of prediction
By the end of this class students will be able to:
- Differentiate astrological counseling from other healing and helping modalities.
- Understand the importance of and be able to identify specific listening, focusing, and communication skills integral to successful counseling interactions.
- Demonstrate the ability to develop specific parameters for counseling sessions.
- Locate basic relationship needs and potential in the natal chart.
- Demonstrate the ability to focus on specific areas of inquiry posited by the client and to deliver information to the client using effective non-astrological language.
- Demonstrate understanding of solutions to ethical dilemmas inherent in counseling.