Not all courses are offered every term.
Enroll in a currently offered course
6.1. WL220 Astromapping I: Astro*Carto*Graphy (A*C*G)
Diploma program elective
Instructors: Karen McCauley & Madalyn Hillis-Dineen
Prerequisites: Basic natal astrology
This course shows students how to understand and interpret basic A*C*G. It explores astro-mapping history and development in modern times. The course covers line meanings and angle placements as well as connections to natal and relocated charts as they interact to provide significant astro-mapping information.
- historical development of astrological mapping
- themes connected with specific planet-angle combinations
- influence of crossing lines and shadowed planets
- common cartography software and usage
- desirable planets to emphasize through visitation or relocation
- angle analysis and dial use
- familiarity with significant points and hypothetical Uranian planets
Students will understand the interactions of natal and relocated chart info with A*C*G maps, relate the global connections shown in A*C*G maps to their natal chart, life experiences, and encounter and be able to navigate Astro-mapping software to get information helpful to solving locational questions and issues.
This course will prepare you for the Jim Lewis certification test in Astro*Carto*Graphy offered at Continuum. (continuumacg.net)